Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Inverted airfoil!!


Oh Iman Najibah, org secantik nama, cantik luar, cantik dalam, cantik mcm mama:)

I came to faculty with a heart full of determination. I want to run an experiment today, yeay! My objective was to write a journal (as if!) after complete the analysis of this experiment. So far I managed to obtain result from one of my canards models. I have 3 more experiments ( 1 model takes about 2 weeks, I have about 12 models, u do math!) for stage 1 design, 2 stages (6 models) to go, not to mention about the simulations!!!! sigh:(

I went to wind tunnel lab, took the scaled a/c and put on a canard. After that, I sensed something was wrong,OMG 2x..the canard model was in a wrong dimension..er..shapes (the upper surface of the wing turn out to be at the lower surface).This is not a NACA 2412 airfoil shape, but 'inverted' NACA 2412, bengong!! How could I missed this error when I took it from the technician last week??? I felt upset, didn't know whether it was my mistake or the technician's.

I opened my drawing folder and checked. Nothing wrong with my drawing,so it must be his mistakes. I knew it! After a short discussion with him, he agreed to fix the problem by saying this "saya akan buat balik, tapi tak tau bila, jgn push saya"..I felt like I want to slap across his face , "do you know who you are talking to? I am a lecturer of this university!!!" my heart said, sounds like an arrogant woman but I can't bear it anymore. But again, reality hits, I am only a student here, with zero knowledge abt CNC machine. Duhai hati bersabar lah...

I must find an alternatives. So,anyone who has a friends who are expert in fabricate an airfoil, pls contact me..Right now I am thinking about filling an 'extend form'...

No comments:

Post a Comment